What is therapeutic fasting?
Medicalized therapeutic fasting, as practiced by Clinique Lémana, is a therapeutic fast treatment that allows for the daily absorption of juices, herbal teas, flavored water and broth.
This ancient practice allows the body’s digestive system to rest while boosting the cells by providing them with all the nutrients necessary for optimal functionality.
Practiced in a medical environment in order to improve the overall condition of the patient, water fasting lasts 6 to 9 days in the sumptuous setting of a 5-star hotel located in the heart of the Lavaux vineyards, high in the hills of Vevey between Lausanne and Montreux.
An ideal altitude for pure air and a panoramic view of Lake Geneva and the Alps, ensuring a peaceful stay in a verdant setting for all patients.
What are the benefits of therapeutic fasting?
Water fasting is a wonderfully natural way to preserve, regain or improve the patient’s health thanks to liquid food and healthy diet. The mechanism is multifactorial and allows for:
- The in-depth detoxification and repose of the body
- The cleansing and purification of the digestive system
- The prevention of chronic fatigue, hypertension, excess weight, allergies, cardiovascular diseases, …
- The strengthening of the immune and metabolic system
- Autophagy and cell regeneration
- The evacuation of stress and improved quality of sleep
- The stabilization of your emotional state
- An anti-inflammatory effect which relieves certain chronic pains
- Rejuvenation of the skin and strengthening of the hair and nails
- Lasting weight loss if the fast is followed by an improved lifestyle
- Vitality of people’s body and clearer thinking
What are the contraindications to fasting?
- Devitalization, extreme exhaustion due to illness
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Severe pseudoparalytic myopathy (muscle degeneration)
- Lean diabetes (type 1 insulin-dependent)
- Severe weakness with emunctorial insufficiency
- Heavy chemical medication
- Acute hyperthyroidism and undernutrition
- Eating disorders: bulimia / anorexia.
How to optimize the effects of fasting?
For a successful fasting, it is advisable to prepare well before the cure by a dietary descent. It is then preferable to progressively resume eating suitable solid foods at the end of the fast in order to optimize its effects. Thus, the water fasting is carried out according to a precise method (protocol in four stages) which you can download and which will be communicated to you upon booking.
What activities are involved in the water fasting cure?
Under medical supervision throughout the fasting cure, you will have medical consultations with the doctor-nutritionist and a daily nutritionist follow-up as well as several treatments including, sonotherapy, massages, colon hydrotherapy (if no medical contraindication), soft activities…
Under no circumstances should the information and advice provided during this therapeutic fasting be considered a substitute for a conventional medecine consultation or diagnosis by a doctor or health professional, the only ones able to adequately assess your state of health.
Our other nutritional and detoxification programs
Health Center Clinique Lémana has been involved in anti-ageing for several decades and offers various nutritional and detox cures.
For renewed energy in your body!
For renewed energy in your body!
To become a fully autonomous and active participant in your health!
Our associated nutritional care
Reserved exclusively for our clients following a nutritional cure.
For deep detoxification (medical prescription required)
A gentle energetic massage that procures inner calm
For deep and lasting relaxation
Consultations with specialists
Therapeutic fasting protocol (after booking)
Dietary and Functional Questionnaire (after booking)
Description of nutritional programs (on request)