As part of a holistic approach to the individual, combining mind, body, emotions and energy, we offer various holistic therapies to supplement our revitalisation and nutritional programmes. These include sound therapy, Ayurveda and other holistic treatments …
- Sound therapy (also known as sonotherapy) is an ancient discipline that uses sound waves to promote well-being. During a sound therapy session, sounds and vibrations reach you through your whole body (skin, tissues, tendons, bones, blood, lymph, etc.) and massage you from the inside…
- Ayurvedic treatments:
– Ayurvedic massage, sometimes called Abhyanga: This massage is based on the ancestral beliefs of traditional Indian medicine and is defined as a massage that restores physical and spiritual harmony. It can help prevent certain disorders and calm the body and mind as a whole.
– Ayurvedic Chavutti Thirumal massage (foot massage): The Chavutti Thirumal massage is practiced on the ground, with the feet, most often standing on the person being massaged. The massage with the feet is both strong and gentle, invigorating and relaxing.
- Hot stone massage: Many cultures use hot stones to relax muscles and relieve body tension. Basalt pebbles (of volcanic origin) are used to keep the heat in. Previously heated in water between 45°C and 60°C, the pebbles are placed either directly on the skin or on a towel. Arranged along the acupuncture meridians or on the chakras, the stones help release stress. The body relaxes completely and gets rid of all muscle and joint pain.
- Shiatsu: a massage technique of Japanese origin intended to restore balance to the body. Inspired by Chinese medicine, shiatsu considers the health of the human being as a whole: physical, psychic and mental. Vital energy is restored by pressing the thumbs on the acupuncture meridians.