Foot reflexology and lymphatic drainage are often associated because the lymphatic drainage of the body is also performed by stimulating the reflex zones of the feet.
Foot reflexology – a health-promoting massage for your feet!
Foot reflexology is an alternative medicine that can help treat certain pathologies or simply soothe body tensions, by applying pressure on specific areas of the feet and the arch of the foot in particular.
Top benefits of foot reflexology techniques
Increasingly used as a complement to traditional medicine, the benefits of this massage technique and practice are multiple
- Strengthens the immune system of patients
- Releases nervous tension and stress and improves the quality of sleep
- Provides relief and deep relaxation
- Reduces anxiety and nervousness
- Relieves pain, migraines and back tension
- Improves blood circulation and activates the lymphatic system
- Stimulates the digestive functions
There are however some contraindications to this massage technique, in the event of:
- Inflammation or trauma of the feet (sprain, wound, pain, medical contraindication…)
- Recent heart problems
- Circulatory problems (phlebitis, venous thrombosis, etc.)
- Beginning of pregnancy.
Manual lymphatic drainage
To complete the stimulation of lymph circulation, our therapist goes on to perform lymphatic drainage through reflexology.
Manual lymphatic drainage is a gentle massage technique designed to stimulate lymph circulation and detoxify the body, while strengthening the immune system. It is performed with the fingers and the palms of the hands, following the direction of lymph circulation and with varying degrees of pressure.
More information about foot reflexology and lymphatic drainage
- Massage of the reflex zones and points of the foot
- Foot reflexology: strengthening of the immune system, reduction of tension, stimulation of blood and lymph circulation
- Lymphatic drainage: purification of the body and elimination of waste
- Use of natural ingredients carefully selected by our certified practitioner
- Duration of the massage with associated drainage: 90 minutes
- Frequency of the massage: variable according to the pathologies and tensions of the body
Our other welness massages
Discover our other traditional therapeutic massages, exclusively reserved for our clients taking the revitalization and anti-aging treatment at the Health Center Clinique Lémana.
Traditional Japanese face-lift
Abdominal massage based on traditional Chinese medicine
Consultations with specialists